In order to begin my final project, I wanted to choose something that I was deeply interested in. I decided on painting, because it has been keeping me extremely busy during quarantine, between painting for my own pleasure and commissions. It keeps me from thinking about negative things, mostly because I just zone out for hours.
I first wrote my script, and I repeatedly rehearsed it, timing it on my phone and figuring out how much I had to write in relation to the length of my video. I then found pictures that related to my script on Unsplash and Pixabay, and put them into my video, making sure to give credit where credit was due. After that, I went onto ccMixter and found a copyright-free song called All Fifth’s Chill by Javolenus. It took me a very long time to select a song. There were so many options, and I honestly just had a hard time picking. I was surprised at how many resources there were for music, and they were all very helpful.
After that, I transferred the song over to iMovie by dragging and dropping the downloaded file. I dragged and dropped my selected pictures as well in the order that I wanted them to be in. Once that was all set, I recorded over my video with my script, and changed the volumes of all the audio files so you could hear my voice as well as the music. I changed around the pictures to fit the script a little better after I finished recording.
I added an intro and outro clip by first screen recording me typing the words into microsoft word on top of a black square with white type. I used helvetica bold, because I wanted a more modern look. In order to add a bit more effect to the clips, I decided to add typing noises over them. I looked up keyboard typing sounds and found two that best matched the clip I took. The first one was a rapid typing sound which went over me typing the sentence, and the second one was one button click sound that went over me typing the period. For the “Thank You!”, I decided to keep the music in the background because it was super harsh and not that fun to listen to when I tried to overlay the sounds.
To make the credits, I just chose the credits option under the Title Page, and filled in the information accordingly.
I have used iMovie before, so I did not have too much difficulty, but when I did, I simply just looked up the information that I needed to. This also took me way longer than anticipated, becuase of finding the audio, pictures, and trying to record my script without messing up. This project was super interesting to do, and I feel like I learned a lot more about the programs that I used. I feel like it represents a little piece of me that I want to share with the world, and I am proud of it.